- Review previously collected business requirements and stakeholder interview documentation.
- Interviews with staff recruiters and student ambassadors informed personas that were used to design the user experience.
- Journey maps for each audience were created to inform the information flow and sitemap.
- A traffic analysis revealed that a mobile-first, responsive design would be essential for the project.
- The new site needed to meet ADA and AODA (Canadian) Requirements, requiring the team to study federally mandated access requirements adopted by the Federal Access Board under section 508 and subsection 1194.22 of the Rehabilitation Act as well as Canadian Accessibility Standard for Information and Communications.
Understanding cultural norms and labels in each country enabled the team to create pathways that felt familiar and easy to use.
"My last name is my 5th name, usually we ask for first name, then full name, then just the family name."