Coronavirus is a rapidly-spreading viral pandemic causing an infectious disease called COVID-19. The impact in the US has ranged from minor to the shutting down of entire towns – extending to schools, sporting events, and other events. Many of our clients have followed suit and implemented what has been termed “social distancing” in various ways.
Out of an abundance of caution, and to do our part to flatten the disease burden curve, BNO will implement social distancing as follows:
- Starting Monday, March 16, 2020, all BNO employees who are able to work remotely are being asked to do so.
- We currently anticipate a two-week duration; however, we will monitor events and extend our plan as necessary.
- Most BNO employees have the capability to work from home and have done so many times before. As such, we do not anticipate a disruption to project workflow.
- We have procured additional collaboration tools to ensure continued exceptional collaboration among BNO teams, clients and partners.
- We have reminded all employees of best practices for remote collaboration and of the importance of increased interpersonal communications during this time.
There are a small number of BNO employees and leaders that will continue to report to the office due to the nature of their work. These team members will practice social distancing measures to the fullest extent possible while on premises. Additionally, some workflows have been modified to eliminate physical person-to-person handoffs.
Lastly, BNO has also implemented widely recommended employer best practices, including:
- Ensuring that employees have ample facilities to wash their hands, including tepid water and soap.
- Providing hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content and an ample supply of tissues.
- Identifying a single point of contact for employees for all concerns that arise relating to health and safety.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regularly publishes guidance on mitigating the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace. BNO Continually uses this guidance to update plans and responses.
Please stay safe and do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.